Cornelius ‘Neil’ McCarthy, 69 - February 24, 2010
Cornelius Francis “Neil” McCarthy, 69, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, died Monday, Feb. 15, 2010, at Immanuel Medical Center in Omaha after a courageous battle with cancer.
Mass of Christian burial took place on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010, at St. Ann’s Catholic Church in Lexington with the Rev. Paul Colling officiating. Burial was at St. Ann’s Catholic Cemetery at Lexington.
McCarthy was preceded in death by: his son, Robert Anthony; an infant daughter, Christine Anne; an infant grandson, Tyler Anthony; his parents, Cornelius and Francis; a sister, Janet.
Survivors include: his wife of 49 years, Rosemary; his sons—Jerry (Lori) of Blair, Chris (partner, Jimmy Victor) of Omaha; a daughter, Trueline; grandchildren—Kristina, Mason, Evan and Dominque.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for the complete paper on-line on Wednesday afternoons.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout