Clifford Ackerman, 71 - August 12, 2009
Clifford L. Ackerman, 71, of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Aug. 8, 2009, at Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
Services were held on Wednesday, Aug. 12, at 10:30 a.m. at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with Lonna Grabenstein PMA and the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery.
Ackerman was born Sept. 7, 1937, to Richard and Lorena (Aden) Ackerman at Gothenburg. He attended Gothenburg High School and then entered the United States Army in which he served his country from Dec. 2, 1955, until he was honorably discharged on Nov. 25, 1958.
On May 6, 1956, he was united in marriage to Dixie Rhinehart at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg. To this union, two children were born.
He was employed with Central Nebraska Public Power, Schlake Construction and others, but was forced into an early retirement for health reasons.
Ackerman was a member of the American Lutheran Church, Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department and various card clubs and pool leagues.
He enjoyed his grandchildren and attending their functions as well as watching Husker football, tractor pulling and helping his brother Stan on the farm, according to family members.
?Ackerman was preceded in death by: his father, Richard Ackerman; his mother, Lorena Ackerman; brothers—Stan and Dean; step-mother, Phyllis Ackerman; his in-laws, Reynolds and Nona Rhinehart.
?Survivors include: his wife of 53 years, Dixie; a son, Mike (Carmen) Ackerman of Gothenburg; a daughter, Teresa (Jeff) Serafin of Lincoln; five grandchildren—Amaya, Arissa and Ian Ackerman of Gothenburg, Jennifer Serafin of Winona, MN, and Erin Serafin of Lincoln; numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorials are suggested to the American Lutheran Church, 1512 Ave. G, Gothenburg, NE 69138, or the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 602 10th St., Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com.
Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.