Robert Markham, 94 - June 02, 2010
Robert E. Markham, 94, of Columbus died Wednesday, May 26, 2010, at the Golden Living Center of Columbus.
Services were held on May 29 at the First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Bill Ritter officiating. Interment took place on June 1 at the Parkview Cemetery at Hastings with military honors.
Markham was preceded in death by: his parents, James and Edna Markham; his wife, Olive Markham on Sept. 29, 2005; a sister, Mildred (Ron) Flora; brothers-in-law—Harold Busboom, Royal Busboom and Delmar (Geri) Busboom; sister-in-law, Barbara (Joe) Schultz.
Survivors include: his sons—Jack Markham of Kemmerer, WY, and Robert “Bob” J. (Chris) Markham of Columbus; his daughter, Judy (Larry) Vincent of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Kyle (Tiffany) Vincent of Gothenburg, Tyler (Jennifer) Vincent of Omaha, Andrew Markham and Alexander Markham of Columbus; great-grandchildren—Claire Vincent of Gothenburg and Maggie Vincent of Omaha; a brother, Glenn Markham of Pahrump, NV; sisters-in-law—Mary Busboom of Fremont and Erna Busboom of San Diego, CA; several nieces and their spouses.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23