Bert Callahan, 78 - June 16, 2010
Bert Callahan, 78, of Brady, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, June 12, 2010, at the Gothenburg Memorial Hospital.
Services were June 16 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel in Gothenburg with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Interment was at the Gaslin Cemetery.
Callahan was preceded in death by: his wife, Carrie Joan Callahan on April 10, 2010; his parents, Fred Willis and Molly Callahan; siblings—Willis “Bill” John Callahan, Ambrose “Pat” Patrick Callahan, Fedrick “Fritz” James Callahan, Julia “Irene” Lind, Josephine “Amy” Lind, “Mary” Rose Thibodeaux; infant sisters—Lillian Callahan and Hazel Mary Gertrude Callahan.
Survivors include: his daughters—Donna (Buddy) Anderson of Gothenburg and Tammy Jo Callahan of Brady; a son, Randy Callahan of Gothenburg; brother, Paul “Bud” Callahan of Brady; granddaughters—Angela (Cliff) English, Jennifer (Derreck) Furse, Cheri (Eddie) Mayers, Ann (Deacon) Howell, Angel Anderson, Candy Anderson and Jakeh (Jake) White; 17 great-grandchildren; sisters-in-law—Mary (Adrian) Szwanek of North Platte, Ruth Callahan and Joan Anderson, both of Gothenburg, and Joan Anderson of Denver; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23