Gene Richard France, 82 - July 07, 2010
Gene Richard France, 82, of Ogallala, formerly of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were took place Saturday, July 3, at Gubser Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Eric Wait of New Hope Church officiating. Burial was at the Ogallala Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Kenneth and Martha; his wife, Shirley; a son, Douglas B. France; daughter, Susan K. O’Neill; a granddaughter, Tracy Teppen.
Survivors include: his daughter, Gayle (Howard) Hazelwood of Fort Worth, TX; his son, Robert (Brenda) France of Tucson, AZ; a brother, Leonard France of Gothenburg; sister, Delores Heuer of Ainsworth; grandchildren—Nicole (Chad) Puckett, Robyn Teppen, Robert (Jamie) Hazelwood, Renee (Christopher) Rodriquez, Jennifer France, Lee Ann Greenway, Nicholas France and Jeff O’Neill; eight great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar