Gene Richard France, 82 - July 07, 2010
Gene Richard France, 82, of Ogallala, formerly of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were took place Saturday, July 3, at Gubser Funeral Chapel with the Rev. Eric Wait of New Hope Church officiating. Burial was at the Ogallala Cemetery.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Kenneth and Martha; his wife, Shirley; a son, Douglas B. France; daughter, Susan K. O’Neill; a granddaughter, Tracy Teppen.
Survivors include: his daughter, Gayle (Howard) Hazelwood of Fort Worth, TX; his son, Robert (Brenda) France of Tucson, AZ; a brother, Leonard France of Gothenburg; sister, Delores Heuer of Ainsworth; grandchildren—Nicole (Chad) Puckett, Robyn Teppen, Robert (Jamie) Hazelwood, Renee (Christopher) Rodriquez, Jennifer France, Lee Ann Greenway, Nicholas France and Jeff O’Neill; eight great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State