Heinz Pete Harmon, 59 - July 29, 2009
Heinz Pete Harmon, 59, of Farnam, died Saturday, July 25, 2009, at Farnam.
Memorial services will be held Thursday, July 30, at 2 p.m. at the Farnam Nazarene with the Rev. Cliff Transmeier officiating.
Harmon was born March 15, 1950, to Floyd and Elsie (Hamman) Harmon at Hickory, NC, where he grew up.
He served with the United States Army, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Harmon was employed as a truck driver for many years traveling throughout the lower 48 states.
He enjoyed deer hunting, his guns and growing a garden, according to family members.
Harmon was preceded in death by: his parents, Floyd and Elsie; a brother, Bobby Harmon; an infant sister.
?Survivors include: his son, Brad (Christy) Harmon of North Wilkesboro, NC; his daughter, Angela Wilkerson of Catawba, SC; a sister, Lillian Harmon of Kingsport, TN; long-time girlfriend, Janice Walker of Farnam.
?Memorials are suggested to the Harmon family at: P.O. Box 163, Farnam, NE 69029.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23