Heinz Pete Harmon, 59 - July 29, 2009
Heinz Pete Harmon, 59, of Farnam, died Saturday, July 25, 2009, at Farnam.
Memorial services will be held Thursday, July 30, at 2 p.m. at the Farnam Nazarene with the Rev. Cliff Transmeier officiating.
Harmon was born March 15, 1950, to Floyd and Elsie (Hamman) Harmon at Hickory, NC, where he grew up.
He served with the United States Army, serving two tours in Vietnam.
Harmon was employed as a truck driver for many years traveling throughout the lower 48 states.
He enjoyed deer hunting, his guns and growing a garden, according to family members.
Harmon was preceded in death by: his parents, Floyd and Elsie; a brother, Bobby Harmon; an infant sister.
?Survivors include: his son, Brad (Christy) Harmon of North Wilkesboro, NC; his daughter, Angela Wilkerson of Catawba, SC; a sister, Lillian Harmon of Kingsport, TN; long-time girlfriend, Janice Walker of Farnam.
?Memorials are suggested to the Harmon family at: P.O. Box 163, Farnam, NE 69029.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com. Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays