Alfred "Alf" Alberts - July 14, 2010
Alfred A. “Alf” Alberts, 87, of Aurora, formerly of Hampton and Gothenburg, died Wednesday, June 30, 2010, at Memorial Community Care in Aurora.
Services took place Wednesday, July 7, at the Aurora United Methodist Church with Dr. F. Cole Fowler officiating. Interment was at the Hampton Cemetery.
Alberts was preceded in death by: his parents; a brother, Johnny Alberts.
Survivors include: his wife, Cleta Alberts of Aurora; two sons—Michael (Janet) Alberts of Marquette and Dan (Beth) Alberts of Lincoln; five grandchildren—Hillary Alberts, Molly (Luke) Jensen, Jeff (Katrina) Glinsmann, Rick (Tessa) Glinsmann and Tammie (Ryan) Bamesberger; nine great-grandchildren; three brothers—George (Rosemary) Alberts, Jesse Alberts and Emil (Lois) Alberts, all of Gothenburg; sister, Bessie (Tony) Shada of Kearney.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action