Charles Mac Austin, 83 - September 22, 2010
Charles “Mac” McKinley Austin, 83, of Gothenburg died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Victory Assembly of God Church on Tuesday, Sept. 21, with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Austin was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Blanche Austin; a son, Tommy; two brothers—Doug and Eugene.
Survivors include: his wife, Lois Rose Austin of Gothenburg; sons—Terry Austin of St. Louis, MO, and Tim Austin of Gothenburg; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; a sister, Vernelle Austin.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500