Charles Mac Austin, 83 - September 22, 2010
Charles “Mac” McKinley Austin, 83, of Gothenburg died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2010, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Victory Assembly of God Church on Tuesday, Sept. 21, with the Rev. Mark Borchardt officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Austin was preceded in death by: his parents, Charles and Blanche Austin; a son, Tommy; two brothers—Doug and Eugene.
Survivors include: his wife, Lois Rose Austin of Gothenburg; sons—Terry Austin of St. Louis, MO, and Tim Austin of Gothenburg; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; a sister, Vernelle Austin.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair