Lewis Mathieu, jr., 68 - October 27, 2010
Lewis Gaulden Mathieu, Jr., 68, of Gothenburg died Friday, Oct. 22, 2010, at Gothenburg after battling Myotonic Dystrophy for a number of years.
Services were Oct. 27 at the First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment was at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
Mathieu was preceded in death by: his father, Lewis Sr.; his father- and mother-in-law, George and Maxine Newstrom; a niece, Jennifer Stewart.
Survivors include: his wife, Sharron Mathieu of Gothenburg; his daughters—Merilee (Michael) Parks and Shari (David) Murer, all of Kearney; a son, William Mathieu of Lincoln; his mother, Mary Aileen Mathieu of Gothenburg; grandchildren—Heidi Parks (fiancée Jared Bussing) of Omaha, Joseph Murer and Zachary Murer of Kearney; great-granddaughter, Wren Bussing of Omaha.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship