Violet Krovas, 80 - January 19, 2011
Violet L. Krovas, 80, of Brady, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011, at Linden Court.
Services were Monday Jan. 17, at the Lighthouse Foursquare Church with her grandson, the Rev. Clint Augustyn, officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, William and Mary; her husband, Harold; two sisters—Lavonne Spurgin, and Berniece “Vickie” Anderson.
Survivors include: her children—Barbara (John) Augustyn of Phoenix, AZ, Randy (Janet) Krovas of Wichita, KS, and Connie (Jim) Bastounes of Surprise, AZ; two sisters—Delores (Joe) Carpenter of Chesapeake, VA, and Luella Schultz of Sutherland; two brothers—Harold (Lois) Reeves and Merle Reeves, all of North Platte; nine grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney