Violet Krovas, 80 - January 19, 2011
Violet L. Krovas, 80, of Brady, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011, at Linden Court.
Services were Monday Jan. 17, at the Lighthouse Foursquare Church with her grandson, the Rev. Clint Augustyn, officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, William and Mary; her husband, Harold; two sisters—Lavonne Spurgin, and Berniece “Vickie” Anderson.
Survivors include: her children—Barbara (John) Augustyn of Phoenix, AZ, Randy (Janet) Krovas of Wichita, KS, and Connie (Jim) Bastounes of Surprise, AZ; two sisters—Delores (Joe) Carpenter of Chesapeake, VA, and Luella Schultz of Sutherland; two brothers—Harold (Lois) Reeves and Merle Reeves, all of North Platte; nine grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.