Donald Bailey - January 27, 2011
Donald Allen Bailey, 77, of North Platte died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at his home in North Platte, following a courageous battle with cancer.
A celebration of life service took place on Tuesday, Jan. 25, at the Church of Christ with Ned Cooper, Bob Lewis, Bill Bryan and Dr. Russ Dudrey officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ernest and Mary; brothers—Marvin and Russell Bailey; grandson, Garrett Bailey; great-granddaughters—Elizabeth and Abigail Brueggeman.
Survivors include: his wife, Virginia of North Platte; his daughters—Linda (Bobby) Brueggeman of Holyoke, CO, and Mary Lou (Kim) Nikkel of Oklahoma City, OK; his sons—Mark (Kandi) Bailey of North Platte and Brad (Lorinda) Bailey of Hastings; grandchildren—Jennifer (Darin) Morgan, Brandon (Loree) Cain, Brent (Kile) Cain, Elizabeth, Jenna and Patrick Brueggeman, Jamie, Joshua and Jodi Nikkel, Brent, Landon and Jordan Bailey and Brittany and Brooke Bailey; great-grandchildren—Jean (Earl) Max, Orrin (Janice) Bailey, Leona Bailey, Carolyn Bailey, Bob (Lucille) Koenig, Dean (Donna) Kittle and Delbert (Patty) Mentzer; numerous nieces, nephews and other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.