Jess Walker, 82 - January 27, 2011
Jess “Chub” Walker, 82, of North Platte, former long-time Ogallala resident and businessman, passed away Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Memorial services took place on Monday, Jan. 24, at the Ogallala United Methodist Church with the Rev. Chuck Rager officiating.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ted and Ethel Walker; a brother, Teddy Walker; a great-grandson, Drew Kennicutt.
Survivors include: his wife, Jan Walker of North Platte; his daughter, Cathy (Roger) Kennicutt of Gothenburg; his son, Steve Walker of Gothenburg; step-children—Ralph (Barb) Moul of Lemoyne, Kathy Blanchard of Denver, CO, Mick (Davanne) Moul and Jeri (Doug) Cole, all of Ogallala, Marcy (Brad) Dunkel of Kremmling, CO, and Stuart Huber of Kearney; 13 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren; brothers and sisters—Maxine Bomeke of Denver, James Walker of St. Louis, MO, Charlitt Mullen of Oklahoma, Charles Walker of Ogallala, Joanne Beckler of Grant, and Carl Walker of Ft. Collins, CO.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics