Archie Block, 83 - February 20, 2011
Archie Wayne Block, 83, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011, at Good Samaritan Nursing Home in Callaway.
Services will take place at 2 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 25, at the American Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Matthew Groenke officiating. Burial, with military honors, will be at the American Lutheran Cemetery north of Gothenburg.
Block was preceded in death by: his father, Ricus; his mother, Elizabeth; brothers—Virgil and Alvin.
Survivors include: his wife, Bonnie Block of Cozad; his daughter, Ann Block (Rick Mockler) of Davis, CA, two granddaughters—Brenna and Alana Mockler; a brother, Vernon (Gail) Block; two sisters—Arlene (Rodney) Aden and Geraldine Kampe; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair