James Holmes, 83 - February 18, 2011
James Daniel Holmes, 83, of Gothenburg passed away Friday, Feb. 18, 2011, at Gothenburg.
Services took place at the Evangelical Free Church of Gothenburg, on Monday, Feb. 21, with the Rev. Rick Rehmert officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Holmes was preceded in death by: his parents, Russell and Goldie; a sister, Bertha Tetro; mother- and father-in-law, Paul and Martha Larson; brothers-in-law—Raymond Larson, Jim Larson, Bernie Larson and Don Aden; sister-in-law, Ellen Larson.
Survivors include: his wife, Annabelle Elaine Holmes of Gothenburg; his sons—Jed (Susie) Holmes of Wichita, KS, and Kim Holmes of Lincoln; grandsons—Jordan (Amelia) Holmes and Jake Holmes; granddaughter, Jamie Holmes; sisters-in-law—Bobbie Larson, Jenelle Larson, Katherine Aden and Barbra (Mervin) Tichen; numerous nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar