Martha Rippen, 95 - March 05, 2011
Martha Matilda Rippen , 95, of Omaha, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Saturday, March 5, 2011, at Omaha.
Services will take place Tuesday, March 15, at the First United Methodist Church in Gothenburg at 10 a.m. with the Rev. Randall L. Dilts officiating. Interment will be beside her husband at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A visitation will be Monday, March 14, at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel from 1-8 p.m. with family present from 5-7 p.m.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Martha and Karl Schafer; her husband, Lester Rippen; a step-son, Ray Rippen; step-daughter, Winona (Rippen) Swift; sons-in-law—Bob Swift and Daniel Westfall; sisters and brothers-in-law—Irene (L.D.)Boyer and Ella Mae (Owen) Blackburn; brothers and sisters-in-law—Meryle and Ruth Schafer and Walter and Elva Schafer.
Survivors include: her daughter, Lois Westfall of Omaha; her son and daughter-in-law, Roger (Shelley) Rippen of Olathe, KS; 14 grandchildren, numerous great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; many nieces and nephews.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president