Bertha VanNatta, 98 - March 10, 2011
Bertha Augusta VanNatta, 98, of North Platte passed away Thursday, March 10, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services took place on Tuesday, March 15, at St. John’s Lutheran Church at Curtis with the Rev. Derrick Brown officiating. Burial was at the North Platte Cemetery.
Survivors include her sons—Gerald (Elizabeth) VanNatta of Gothenburg, and Verlon VanNatta of Maywood; brothers—John (Lila) Effenbeck of North Platte and Edgar Effenbeck of California; a sister, Florence Merideth of North Platte; grandchildren—Lane (Lindsay) VanNatta of Gothenburg, and Jennifer (Jason) Hawkins of Tacoma, WA; four great-grandchildren—Emma Grace VanNatta, Alyvia Augusta Joy VanNatta, Koby Alexander Miller and Jordyn Raelle Miller; numerous other family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23