John Hehnke - March 28, 2011
John W. Hehnke of Juanita, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Monday, March 28, 2011, at the Grand Island Veterans Home.
Graveside services will take place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery on Friday, April 1, at 3 p.m. with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. Friends will be received at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg on Friday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Hehnke was preceded in death by: his mother, Martha, in 1976; his father, John, in 1982; a brother, Gary in 1992.
Survivors include: his daughter, Jodi Tzirikidis; and numerous friends.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater