Arthur Buss, 91 - April 19, 2011
Arthur “Art” Buss, 91, of Cozad, formerly of Gothenburg, died Tuesday, April 19, 2011, at Golden Living Care Center in Cozad.
Graveside services with military honors took place Friday, April 22, at the Cozad Cemetery with the Rev. Jeremy Jech officiating.
Buss was born Nov. 9, 1919, to Christian and Altje (Broer) Buss at the Buss homestead which his father had built northwest of Cozad.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Christian and Altje; three sisters—Grace Buss, Margaret Buesing and Freda Parsons; three brothers—Benjamin, Walter and Ralph; two sisters-in-law—Devona and Artis Buss; two brothers-in-law—Herbert Parsons and George Buesing.
Survivors include: his wife of 64 years, Virginia of Cozad; a son, Jon Buss of Cozad; his daughter, Judy Rhoadarmer of Eustis; two grandchildren—Greg Rhoadarmer of Eustis and Heather Rhoadarmer of Lincoln; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics