Raymond Caldwell, 72 - April 21, 2011
Raymond “Ray” LeRoy Cald-well, 72, of Gothenburg died Thursday, April 21, 2011, at Kearney.
Services were April 27 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Mike Dennis officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Caldwell was born Aug. 12, 1938, at Ceresco, the son of Ellen M. Caldwell. He grew up in Lincoln where he attended schools.
Caldwell was preceded in death by: his mother, Ellen M. Caldwell; a brother-in-law, Patrick Turner; grandparents, Ira and Rose Gray; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Delbert and Betty Turner.
Survivors include: his wife, Janice Lynn Caldwell of Gothenburg; a daughter, Stephanie L. (Douglas) Curtice of Cozad; two sons—Raymond L. Caldwell of Taylor, and Kevin M. Caldwell of Cozad; nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; brother and sisters-in-law—Michael and Barbara Turner, Terrance and Kris Turner, William and Christy Turner; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout