Raymond Caldwell, 72 - April 21, 2011
Raymond “Ray” LeRoy Cald-well, 72, of Gothenburg died Thursday, April 21, 2011, at Kearney.
Services were April 27 at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel with Mike Dennis officiating. Interment was at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell.
Caldwell was born Aug. 12, 1938, at Ceresco, the son of Ellen M. Caldwell. He grew up in Lincoln where he attended schools.
Caldwell was preceded in death by: his mother, Ellen M. Caldwell; a brother-in-law, Patrick Turner; grandparents, Ira and Rose Gray; father-in-law and mother-in-law, Delbert and Betty Turner.
Survivors include: his wife, Janice Lynn Caldwell of Gothenburg; a daughter, Stephanie L. (Douglas) Curtice of Cozad; two sons—Raymond L. Caldwell of Taylor, and Kevin M. Caldwell of Cozad; nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren; brother and sisters-in-law—Michael and Barbara Turner, Terrance and Kris Turner, William and Christy Turner; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates