Dorothy Jurjens, 98 - April 26, 2011
Dorothy Marie Jurjens, 98, of Abilene, KS, formerly of Farnam, died April 26, 2011, at Abilene.
Services took place at Farnam Church of the Nazarene on April 30, with the Rev. Melvin C. Essex officiating. Interment was at the Farnam Cemetery.
She was preceded in death by: her husband, Ralph Joseph Jurjens on Dec. 27, 1991; her parents, William and Dora Crisman; two brothers—Frank and Gerald Crisman; great-grandson, Kurtis Essex.
Survivors include: her daughter, Lola Mae (Melvin) Essex of Herington, KS; two sons—Larry (Joanne) Jurjens of Farnam, and Melvin (Linda) Jurjens of Piedmont, OK; a sister-in-law, Waunetta Crisman; 10 grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren; numerous extended family members.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together