William Thanel, 80 - November 11, 2005
William Thanel, 80
He was a member of 1949 BHS state football champs
William “Bill” Dean Thanel, 80, of Brady passed away Wednesday, May 11, 2011, at the Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Services were conducted at the Brady United Methodist Church on May 16 with the Rev. Janie Freeman officiating. Interment took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery at Maxwell with full military honors.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, William and Minnie Thanel; an infant daughter, Lori LaRue Thanel.
Survivors include: his wife, Bonnie Thanel of Brady; three sons—Alan Nelson of Sacramento, CA, Michael (Gina) Nelson of Danville, CA, and William (Brenda) Thanel, III, of Derby, KS; a grandson, Jayden William Thanel of Derby.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics