Lela Davis, 88 - May 30, 2011
Lela Davis, 88
She loved the farm life and all that went along with it
Lela Ellen Davis, 88, of Gothenburg, died May 30, 2011 in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 2, with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. A private family burial will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Davis was preceded in death by husband Wyatt, her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Surviving are: daughters Sherry Davis-Gies of Ogallala and Penny (Jack) Holm of Cozad; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one sister; one brother; sister-in-law Edna Maurer.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride