Lela Davis, 88 - May 30, 2011
Lela Davis, 88
She loved the farm life and all that went along with it
Lela Ellen Davis, 88, of Gothenburg, died May 30, 2011 in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 2, with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. A private family burial will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Davis was preceded in death by husband Wyatt, her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Surviving are: daughters Sherry Davis-Gies of Ogallala and Penny (Jack) Holm of Cozad; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one sister; one brother; sister-in-law Edna Maurer.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500