Lela Davis, 88 - May 30, 2011
Lela Davis, 88
She loved the farm life and all that went along with it
Lela Ellen Davis, 88, of Gothenburg, died May 30, 2011 in Gothenburg.
Services will be held at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 2, with the Rev. Matt Coplen officiating. A private family burial will follow in the Fort McPherson National Cemetery, Maxwell.
Davis was preceded in death by husband Wyatt, her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Surviving are: daughters Sherry Davis-Gies of Ogallala and Penny (Jack) Holm of Cozad; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren; one sister; one brother; sister-in-law Edna Maurer.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant