William Leahy, 38 - May 29, 2011
William “Willie” Leahy, 38, of Sparks, NV, formerly of Gothenburg, died Sunday, May 29, 2011, in his sleep at his home in Sparks.
Rosary was conducted on Thursday, June 2, and Mass of Christian Burial took place on Friday, June 3, at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church of Gothenburg with the Rev. Don O’Brien officiating.
Leahy was preceded in death by: his grandparents—William and Carmeleta Leahy, Earl and Barbara Jorgensen and Mahlon and Nellie Smith.
Survivors include: his father, Mike (Molly) Leahy of Lexington; his mother, Sandy (Dick) Smith of Gothenburg; a brother, Jeremy (Alyssa) Leahy and children—Liam and Layla; step-sisters—Katie Skinner and Tina Goodenburger and children—Grace and Faith; step-brothers—Ryan Skinner, Torrey Smith and Taun (Aengle) Smith and children—Gauge and Tatum; a half-sister, Angela Meredith and children—Raul, Victoria and Miranda; special friends, Cody Doyle and Dave (Dawn) Watlers; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
For a complete obituary, see the print edition of the Gothenburg Times or purchase an e-subscription for only $25 per year for the complete paper on-line each Wednesday afternoon.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates