Shirley Parker, 80 - June 21, 2011
Shirley Marie Parker, 80, of Brady, passed away Tuesday, June 21, 2011, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center.
Services were conducted on Friday, June 24, at Adams & Swanson Funeral Home with the Rev. Terry Cook officiating. Burial took place at Fort McPherson National Cemetery near Maxwell.
Parker was born Aug. 6, 1930, at Maxwell to Russell and Marie Larsen Gutherless.
On Dec. 29, 1948, she was united in marriage to Orville D. Parker. Her husband had left to serve the country.
The couple moved to Potter and then to Sidney in 1966.
In 2005, she moved to Brady to be near family.
Parker enjoyed playing pitch with family and friends, and she loved her nieces and nephews very much, according to family members.
She was preceded in death by: her parents, Russell and Marie; her husband, Orville; a brother, John (Margy) Gutherless.
Survivors include: her brother, Ivan (Mary) Gutherless of Maxwell; nieces and nephews—Michael (Kelly) Gutherless, Doug (Sharon) Gutherless, Jim Gutherless and Joleen (Royce) Schauer, all of Maxwell, Bilva (Gary) Gier of Sutherland, and Kent (Karen) Gutherless of North Platte; numerous other family members.
A memorial has been established. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.adamsswanson.com.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates