John (Jack) McKim, 82 - August 27, 2011
John “Jack” McKim, 82, of North Platte, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011, at Linden Court.
Services took place on Tuesday, Aug. 30, at Carpenter Memorial Chapel. Burial was at Ft. McPherson National Cemetery.
McKim was born Nov. 3, 1928, at Gothenburg to Lowell and Lillie (Reynolds) McKim. He graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1947.
He was united in marriage to Elaine (Gloe) Gewecke on Jan. 29, 1951, at Gothenburg.
McKim served with the United States Army from 1951 until his discharge in 1953. He hired out on the Union Pacific Railroad later that year until his retirement as engineer in 1990.
He was a member of B.P.O. Elks Lodge No. 985, P.R. Halligan Post No. 163 of the American Legion, Royal Order of the Moose and Platte Valley Lodge 32 A.F & A.M.
?McKim was preceded in death by: his parents, Lowell and Lillie; brothers and sisters—Elaine, Connie, Lowell, Donald and Gail.
?Survivors include: his wife, Elaine (Gloe) of North Platte; his children—Larry McKim of North Platte, Leann McKim of Denver and Linda Wilson of North Platte; a brother, Harlan McKim of Lebanon, NH; sister, Susie Rassmussen of Reno, NV; grandchildren—Casey and Alexis.
A memorial has been established.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates