Norman Morgan, 78 - February 25, 2012
Norman Morgan, 78, of Smith Center, KS, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012, at the Smith County Memorial Hospital.
Celebration of life services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 29, at the First Christian Church in Smith Center with the Rev. Linda Kemp officiating. There will be no visitation.
Inurnment with military honors will be conducted at 3 p.m. at the Kansas Veterans’ Cemetery at Wakeeney, KS.
Morgan was born on March 23, 1933, at Gravity, IA, the son of Ivan and Beulah (Downs) Morgan.
He joined the Navy and served during the Korean conflict and Vietnam. He retired from the Navy after 26 years of service.
Morgan was employed with the U.S. Postal Service in Gothenburg and was promoted to postmaster at Polk and Belgrade before retiring.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Ivan and Beulah; brother, Richard Morgan.
Survivors include: his wife, Kathryn of Smith Center; a daughter, Vikki Morgan of Smith Center; two sons—Rod (Jennifer) of Great Bend, KS, and Rick (Jane) of Waterloo, IA; sisters—JoAnne (Marvin) Perry of Chariton, IA, and Sharon Smith of Clarinda, IA; five grandchildren—Austin, Alex, Taryn, Stephen (Emma) and Troy Morgan.
Memorials may are suggested by family members to the American Diabetes Association of Kansas and the Gideon’s International, and can be sent in care of Simmons-Rentschler Mortuary.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23