Sadie Marie Collinson, 83 - February 29, 2012
Sadie Marie Collinson, 83, of Riverton, WY, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, at her home.
Services were conducted on Saturday, March 3, at the Davis Funeral Home at Riverton with Episcopal clergy officiating. Cremation was chosen.
Collinson was born Oct. 19, 1928, at Gothenburg, the daughter of John Lewis Doukas and Minnie (Shada) Doukas. She graduated from high school at Gothenburg.
She was united in marriage to Ronald Keith Collinson on April 28, 1951, at Lexington.
Collinson and her family moved to Riverton in 1954, where she was a housewife.
She was of the Episcopal faith.
Collinson was a member of the Pokeno Club and was the first woman inducted into the Wyoming Women’s Bowling Hall of Fame. She was also a member of the bowling association, serving several years as secretary of the Riverton Bowling League.
She enjoyed crocheting, cooking and caring for her family as well as being involved in her grandchildren’s activities, according to family members.
Collinson was preceded in death by: her father and mother, John and Minnie; two sisters, one brother and two nephews.
Survivors include: her husband, Ronald Keith Collinson of Riverton; daughter, Deanna Rae Nolting; four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the USO, in care of Davis Funeral Home, 2203 W. Main St., Riverton, WY 82501.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates