Clarence Ostendorf, 85 - May 27, 2009
Clarence Raymond Ostendorf, 85, of Gothenburg passed away on May 19, 2009, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Funeral services were held May 22 at the Zion Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with Rev. Bill J. Terry Jr., officiating.
Burial was at the Zion Lutheran Cemetery.
Ostendorf was born on Aug. 28, 1923, on the family farm northeast of Gothenburg to Harm and Hattie (Huer) Ostendorf. He attended Gothenburg schools.
He was an active member of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, where he was baptized on Oct. 21, 1923, and confirmed on July 3, 1938.
On Aug. 8, 1942, he married Avalon Long at Gothenburg. They farmed northeast of Gothenburg for 30 years. He also lived in Kansas City and Moberly, MO, part of his life.
?Ostendorf received an honorable discharge from the Marines in 1943.
?He is survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
?Ostendorf was preceded in death by: his wife Avalon; his parents; a sister, Cora; and four brothers, George, Mart, Ernest and Arthur.
?Memorials are suggested to the Ostendorf family c/o Rhoda Hansen, 41521 E Hwy. 30, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences can be given at www.blasestrauser.com.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500