Mae Wallin, 76 - September 07, 2012Mae Wallin, 76, of Hastings, originally of Gothenburg, died Friday, Sept. 7, 2012, at Mary Lanning Healthcare.
Services took place on Tuesday, Sept. 11, at Lakeside Community Church of the Nazarene in Hastings with the Rev. John Whitsett officiating. Burial was conducted at Parkview Cemetery at Hastings.
Wallin was born March 22, 1936, to Martin and Lillian (Beller) Ostendorf in Gothenburg.
She moved to Hastings in 1958, and on Feb. 22, 1959, she was united in marriage to Milan “Mike” Wallin of Hastings.
Wallin was a homemaker who enjoyed cooking and baking, said family members. Other favorite activities included fishing, playing cards and being with friends.
She was a member of the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Auxiliary.
Wallin was preceded in death by: her parents, Martin and Lillian; a grandson, Charles Timmerman; two sisters and one brother.
?Survivors include: her husband, Milan “Mike” Wallin of Hastings; her children—John Wallin and Jason Wallin, both of Hastings, Jim and Kay Wallin of Burlington, CO, Joe and Carol Wallin of Fairfield, Jeff and Jana Wallin of Scottsbluff; nine grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren; a sister, Norma Scott of Gothenburg; brother, Leo Ostendorf of Eagle River, AK; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
Memorials are suggested to the Mae Wallin memorial fund.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar