Lynn Merle Wahlgren, 59 - November 06, 2012Lynn Merle Wahlgren, 59, of Virginia, originally of Gothenburg, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012, in the company of family.
Services were conducted on Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Virginia Korean United Methodist Church at Suffolk, VA.
A burial, with full military honors, will take place in the spring of 2013 at Arlington National Cemetery.
Wahlgren was born at Gothenburg, son of the late Harry F. Wahlgren and Ruth D. Wahlgren.
He was a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY, received a masters degree in chemical engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, and honorably served with the U.S. Army for 20 years before retiring as a major in 1995.
Wahlgren later retired as a civil engineer from the City of Norfolk, VA.
He was known as a longtime suffering Dodgers fan, according to family members.
Wahlgren was preceded in death by: his parents, Harry and Ruth; a brother, William Wahlgren.
Survivors include: his wife of 34 years, June Kim Wahlgren; two daughters—Jennifer Kim Wahlgren and Leslie (Jon) Wahlgren Reynolds; a son, James Lynn Wahlgren; two brothers—Dr. Van (Kelly) Wahlgren, Col., U.S. Army (ret), and Wesley (Shirley) Wahlgren.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC