Ronald E. Franzen, 74 - December 18, 2012Ronald E. Franzen, 74, originally of Cozad, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at Arlington, TX.
Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22, at Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ, 6102 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd., in Arlington. Interment will take place at Emerald Hills Memorial Park at Kennedale.
A visitation will be Friday, Dec. 21, at Wade Family Funeral Home, 4140 W. Pioneer Parkway in Arlington, with family present from 6 to 8 p.m.
Franzen was born June 3, 1938, at Cozad, to Karl F. and Viola Rowan Franzen.
He was a member of Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ in Arlington.
Franzen was a ham radio operator and enjoyed traveling, woodworking, photography and antiques, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 55 years, Patricia Ann Franzen on Nov. 20, 2012.
Survivors include: his daughters—Diane (Doug) Spearman, Debi (Daniel) Gontier, Cheryl (Rick) Vandegrift and Terri (James) Graham; a sister, Sharon (Larry) Wright; 16 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Medina Children’s Home, 21300 State Highway 16 N., Medina, TX.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates