Ronald E. Franzen, 74 - December 18, 2012Ronald E. Franzen, 74, originally of Cozad, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2012, at Arlington, TX.
Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 22, at Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ, 6102 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd., in Arlington. Interment will take place at Emerald Hills Memorial Park at Kennedale.
A visitation will be Friday, Dec. 21, at Wade Family Funeral Home, 4140 W. Pioneer Parkway in Arlington, with family present from 6 to 8 p.m.
Franzen was born June 3, 1938, at Cozad, to Karl F. and Viola Rowan Franzen.
He was a member of Pleasant Ridge Church of Christ in Arlington.
Franzen was a ham radio operator and enjoyed traveling, woodworking, photography and antiques, according to family members.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 55 years, Patricia Ann Franzen on Nov. 20, 2012.
Survivors include: his daughters—Diane (Doug) Spearman, Debi (Daniel) Gontier, Cheryl (Rick) Vandegrift and Terri (James) Graham; a sister, Sharon (Larry) Wright; 16 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the Medina Children’s Home, 21300 State Highway 16 N., Medina, TX.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State