Rodney R. Sylvan, 89 - January 06, 2013Rodney R. Sylvan, 89, of Colorado, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, Jan. 6,2013, at Porter Hospice in Centennial, CO.
A memorial service will take place at the Littleton Elks Lodge on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 2 p.m.
Sylvan was born Jan. 25,1923, on a farm northwest of Gothenburg, the son of Elias and Ella Sylvan, formerly of Gothenburg.
He began his school years at Lindberg School followed by School District 89, and graduated from Gothenburg High School with the Class of 1941.
Sylvan moved to the Denver area, then served with the Army as a radio operator during World War II.
After serving with the Army, he then attended Denver University, graduating in 1951.
During the 1950s, he along with his parents, were owners and operators of the Gamble store on Main Street in Littleton. After selling the Gamble store, he remained in the Littleton area.
Survivors include: his wife, Nancy; sisters—LaVawn McLeland and Mary Lou (Duane) Pearce.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney