Rodney R. Sylvan, 89 - January 06, 2013Rodney R. Sylvan, 89, of Colorado, formerly of Gothenburg, passed away Sunday, Jan. 6,2013, at Porter Hospice in Centennial, CO.
A memorial service will take place at the Littleton Elks Lodge on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 2 p.m.
Sylvan was born Jan. 25,1923, on a farm northwest of Gothenburg, the son of Elias and Ella Sylvan, formerly of Gothenburg.
He began his school years at Lindberg School followed by School District 89, and graduated from Gothenburg High School with the Class of 1941.
Sylvan moved to the Denver area, then served with the Army as a radio operator during World War II.
After serving with the Army, he then attended Denver University, graduating in 1951.
During the 1950s, he along with his parents, were owners and operators of the Gamble store on Main Street in Littleton. After selling the Gamble store, he remained in the Littleton area.
Survivors include: his wife, Nancy; sisters—LaVawn McLeland and Mary Lou (Duane) Pearce.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500