Richard Marvel, 90 - January 13, 2013Richard M. Marvel, 90, of Gibbon passed away Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013.
No services will be conducted and cremation was requested.
Marvel was born to Jesse and Frieda Marvel of Arcadia.
He voluntarily joined the U.S. Navy and served his country during World War II.
Marvel met and married Eunice Eileen Anderson in Omaha when he returned from service. To this union, three children were born.
He and his wife moved to Arcadia where they bought a movie theatre. They then moved to St. Paul and owned the Riviera movie theatre for several years before moving to Lincoln in the 1980s.
Marvel was preceded in death by his wife, Eunice, in 2003.
Survivors include: his three children—Mary Critchfield of Gibbon, Bob Marvel of Crete and Billie Walker of Gothenburg; grandson, Philip Prochaska of St. Libory.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500