Richard Marvel, 90 - January 13, 2013Richard M. Marvel, 90, of Gibbon passed away Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013.
No services will be conducted and cremation was requested.
Marvel was born to Jesse and Frieda Marvel of Arcadia.
He voluntarily joined the U.S. Navy and served his country during World War II.
Marvel met and married Eunice Eileen Anderson in Omaha when he returned from service. To this union, three children were born.
He and his wife moved to Arcadia where they bought a movie theatre. They then moved to St. Paul and owned the Riviera movie theatre for several years before moving to Lincoln in the 1980s.
Marvel was preceded in death by his wife, Eunice, in 2003.
Survivors include: his three children—Mary Critchfield of Gibbon, Bob Marvel of Crete and Billie Walker of Gothenburg; grandson, Philip Prochaska of St. Libory.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.