Rex Ackerman, 60 - April 29, 2009
Rex A. Ackerman, 60, of Fremont died Monday, April 20, 2009, at Fremont Area Medical Center.
The funeral service was April 24 at Salem Lutheran Church in Fremont. Burial was at Hooper Cemetery.
Ackerman was born Dec, 14, 1948, in Gothenberg to James and Marianne (Lindstedt) Ackerman. He graduated from Lexington High and attended Midland Lutheran College.
He married Marilyn (Korth) Ackerman on Feb. 4, 1972. He worked construction and route sales, recently at Gerhold Concrete and Goree Backhoeing and Excavating. He enjoyed being outdoors, especially fishing, hunting and golfing, the family said. He was also an avid bowler.
Survivors include: his wife, two daughters—Melissa (Bernard) Mahoney of Fremont and Malee Ackerman and Felipe Zardo of San Francisco; two granddaughters—Olivia and Macy Mahoney, father James (Donna) Ackerman of Cozad; brother Terry (Sharon) Ackerman of Lexington; sister-in-law Carole Panning and Harold Miller of Fremont.
Memorials may be made to Salem Lutheran Church Property Committee.
Condolences or reflections will be forwarded to the family when left at www.duganchapel.com.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC