Velma B. Lambertus, 96 - February 16, 2013Velma B. Lambertus, 96, of Fremont, formerly of Gothenburg, died Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, at Arbor Manor in Fremont.
Graveside services will be conducted at the Gothenburg Memorial Cemetery at a later date with Moser Memorial Chapels of Fremont in charge of arrangements.
Lambertus was born March 2, 1916, at Clarinda County, IA, to Earnest and Blanche (Cunning) Stickleman.
She was raised in Clarinda County before moving to Gothenburg when she was a sophomore in high school. She graduated from Gothenburg High School in 1934.
On Nov. 2, 1941, she was united in marriage to William “Bill” Lambertus at Gothenburg. He passed away in 1992.
Lambertus resided at Gothenburg until July of 2012 when she moved to Fremont to be closer to her daughters.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Gothenburg, and was a supporter of the Gothenburg Senior Center.
Survivors include: her daughters—Marsha (Bruce) Widick of Malcolm and Kathleen (Bill) Allender of Fremont; three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Gothenburg Senior Center.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC