Gregory Joseph Anderson, 64 - February 18, 2013Gregory Joseph Anderson, 64, of Sioux City, IA, formerly of Brady, died Monday, Feb. 18, 2013, at Gothenburg.
Services will be conducted at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel on Saturday, Feb. 23, at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating. Inurnment will take place at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
A register book signing will be Friday at Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel in Gothenburg from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. with family receiving guests from 5 to 7 p.m.
Anderson was born Oct. 17, 1948, at North Platte, son of Joseph and Ruth (LaValley) Anderson.
He grew up at Brady and resided in Brady, North Platte, Omaha and Sioux City.
On May 17, 1967, he married Jeanne Carlson at North Platte. To this union, four children were born.
Anderson was employed as a grocery store director.
He was preceded in death by: his parents, Joseph and Ruth Anderson; a sister, Roxanne Dishman.
Survivors include: his wife, Jeanne Rene Anderson; three sons—Brian, Tim and Jeff Anderson; his daughter, Kristina Anderson; two sisters—Sandra (Fred) Peters and Linda Slack; two brothers—Mark Anderson and Billy (Tiffany) Anderson; five grandchildren; numerous nieces, nephews and extended family members.
Memorials are suggested to Central Plains Home Health & Hospice, 300 E. 12th St., Cozad, NE 69130, and the American Cancer Society Heartland Division, 9850 Nicholas, Suite 200, Omaha, NE 68114.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar