3-ON-3 WINNERS: A 3-on-3 basketball team of local and area players earned gold medals during the Special Olympics Nebraska State Basketball Tournament Saturday in Lincoln. More than 900 athletes competed in several divisions. Coach Jim Mann of Gothenburg (pictured far left) practices with his team each week in Cozad. They took first place in the M2 division by defeating the Columbus Hurricanes and the Norris Titans. Pictured are, l-r: Coach Mann, Jarred McMichael, Kolton Mann, Brett Mann, Justin Happell and Cozad regional director Deb Engler. Not pictured: Greg Gengenbach.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.