3-ON-3 WINNERS: A 3-on-3 basketball team of local and area players earned gold medals during the Special Olympics Nebraska State Basketball Tournament Saturday in Lincoln. More than 900 athletes competed in several divisions. Coach Jim Mann of Gothenburg (pictured far left) practices with his team each week in Cozad. They took first place in the M2 division by defeating the Columbus Hurricanes and the Norris Titans. Pictured are, l-r: Coach Mann, Jarred McMichael, Kolton Mann, Brett Mann, Justin Happell and Cozad regional director Deb Engler. Not pictured: Greg Gengenbach.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action