Fire department recognizes members’ service in 2009
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department hosted its annual banquet Saturday at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2009 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 217 ambulance and transfer calls and 69 total fire calls.
Service awards were presented and seven members received certificates for a combined total of 230 years of dedicated service to the department.
Officers for 2010 were also recognized.
Chad Stull was the only new member to join the department in 2009.
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department consists of 44 members which include 22 current EMTs.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair