Shooters earn high honors at Mid-Nebraska Conference event
DONIPHAN—Gothenburg shooters brought home new hardware despite windy conditions Saturday during the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference competition at Doniphan.
A total of 315 shooters participated with 138 junior competitors, and 177 senior competitors.
Shooting 25-straight targets for Gothenburg was Levi Bahe. Austin Kucera shot 50-straight targets earning him Gothenburg’s high senior 16-yard shooter.
Kucera was in a four-way shoot-off for the conference high senior male shooter, and won the award with 50 out of 50 rocks.
The team of Alex Schultz, Nolan Wilson, Alex Ballmer, Adrian Eggers and Kucera took high conference 16-yard team honors with a total score of 233-of-250, each earning medals. The team also won high overall team at the conference with a combined score of 438-of-500, and doubling their hardware.
Gothenburg’s high junior division 16-yard shooter was Colby Simants with 40 out of 50 rocks.
Wilson hit a total of 46 out of 50 targets at the 23-yard line to earn Gothenburg’s senior handicap shooter.
The team of Schultz, Wilson, Ballmer, Eggers and Kucera earned Gothenburg’s high senior and overall team at the 16-yard line and handicap yardage.
For complete individual results see our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates