Art students earn ribbons
Brady students compete in simultaneous shows.
Several Brady students earned recognition during the Sandhills Conference and Mullen art shows that were in conjunction with each other at Mullen on April 15.
Art teacher Kelley Dachtler said entries were a culmination of projects that the junior high and high school students had developed throughout the year.
Some of the subject matter the art work reflected was based on social issues, personal expression, various art movements and art from different cultures, she said.
Many of the students placed in the various two- and three-dimensional categories.
Those who received ribbons were: Shelby Diehl, Shelby McClellen, Jamie Klienow, Ryan Klienow, Melissa Neiman, Kaiti Black, Jacob Bourge, Taylor Bourge, Nichole Quigley, Jake Warren, Shaunna Scarrow, Austin Brittenham, Amanda Lunkwitz, Eric Roe, Crystal Pedersen, Dalton Simants, Sammy Riedel, Sammantha Wagnitz, Alexis Franzen, Austin Widick, Autumn Hild and Donnie Tinsdale.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair