Blede breaks own shot record at Best of Midwest
Senior throws 52-1.
SUTHERLAND—Eagle senior Corbin Blede broke the Brady school record in the shot a month ago at Arnold with a toss of 50 feet, 5.25 inches.
He hasn’t come close to that mark again during competition and some opponents may have thought it was a fluke.
But when Blede threw 52-1 at the Best of the Midwest meet in Sutherland last week, he erased any doubts along with his previous school record.
Blede won the event easily at nearly 2 feet farther than the second-place finisher.
He was the only Brady competitor to earn a gold medal at the invitation-only meet that brings together the area’s best athletes.
The Eagle boys earned a total of seven individual medals and got fifth in the 4x800 relay.
The girls earned five individual medals along with a fifth-place relay team finish in the 4x400 relay.
Find complete individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500