GHS student to speak at Memorial Day service
Coltin Bebensee, who will be a Gothenburg High School senior, is the featured speaker at Memorial Day services Monday, May 31, at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event.
Bebensee is also a member of the Nebraska National Guard.
Greetings will be offered by American Legion vice commander Mike Sayer with the invocation given by chaplain Bill Hayward.
Sayer will lead the audience in the pledge of allegiance. GHS student KaSondra Kuhlman will sing the national anthem.
Fellow student Jonah Taylor will sing “Patriot Song.”
Members of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars and auxiliaries will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
The Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of bad weather, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities