Wild about reading
AR PARADE: Dudley Elementary students, grades K-6, marched downtown in their annual accelerated reading parade on May 21. With the theme “A Walk on the Wild Side,” youngsters dressed in safari or camouflage clothing. Pictured is the third grade class whose mascot was the leopard. Second-grade teacher Justin Dowdy (left) sports a tropical hat for the parade. Accelerated reading is part of the curriculum in which students read books, according to their reading level, and take tests for comprehension.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.