Producers experiencing flooding are should contact local FSA office
LINCOLN—Ag producers experiencing flooding problem should look to their local Farm Service Agency for help.
Greg Ibach, director of the Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA), reminds producers that have experienced damage to crops or loss of livestock to contact their local FSA office to report their losses.
“The NDA and the governor’s office work in partnership with USDA FSA to secure federal agricultural disaster designations through Agriculture Sec. Tom Vilsack,” Ibach said. “The designations are necessary to open up some federal assistance programs. The loss assessment process begins at the county FSA office level.”
Ibach also encouraged producers to be in contact with their insurance agent as soon as possible.
“The Nebraska Department of Agriculture is aware of the extensive flooding to farmland,” he said. “We will continue to share information with FSA, industry organizations and other partners in order to assist farmers and ranchers as much as possible.”
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney