Swede graduate savors Shrine Bowl
Landen Haake donned his Swede football helmet for the final time Saturday at the 52nd annual Nebraska Shrine Bowl played at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
Haake toiled on the defense for the North squad and also saw duty on for the punt and kickoff special teams. The North team fell behind by two touchdowns early and couldn’t make up the difference losing 28-13.
Haake is the 13th Swede to play in the Shrine Bowl. Others were: Matt Hilderbrand, 2004; Jeff Neujahr, 2003; Brandon Koch, 2001; Wade Fleischer, 1989; Bump Novacek and Monte Kratzenstein, 1985; Jay Novacek, 1981; Tim Peterson, 1977; Harold Davis, 1968; Dode Haynes, 1966; Norm Pramberg, 1965; Ed Youngberg, 1961.
- GMH contracts signed for two new physicians
- Swedes second at SWC play invite
- Brady girls focused on one game at a time
- Shaw: Dracula best fits our one-act cast
- All jokes aside, Swede girls mean business
- Swede basketball will attack with speed
- Midlands gets bid for Hammond Bridge
- Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen