Swede graduate savors Shrine Bowl
Landen Haake donned his Swede football helmet for the final time Saturday at the 52nd annual Nebraska Shrine Bowl played at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
Haake toiled on the defense for the North squad and also saw duty on for the punt and kickoff special teams. The North team fell behind by two touchdowns early and couldn’t make up the difference losing 28-13.
Haake is the 13th Swede to play in the Shrine Bowl. Others were: Matt Hilderbrand, 2004; Jeff Neujahr, 2003; Brandon Koch, 2001; Wade Fleischer, 1989; Bump Novacek and Monte Kratzenstein, 1985; Jay Novacek, 1981; Tim Peterson, 1977; Harold Davis, 1968; Dode Haynes, 1966; Norm Pramberg, 1965; Ed Youngberg, 1961.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some