Swede graduate savors Shrine Bowl
Landen Haake donned his Swede football helmet for the final time Saturday at the 52nd annual Nebraska Shrine Bowl played at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
Haake toiled on the defense for the North squad and also saw duty on for the punt and kickoff special teams. The North team fell behind by two touchdowns early and couldn’t make up the difference losing 28-13.
Haake is the 13th Swede to play in the Shrine Bowl. Others were: Matt Hilderbrand, 2004; Jeff Neujahr, 2003; Brandon Koch, 2001; Wade Fleischer, 1989; Bump Novacek and Monte Kratzenstein, 1985; Jay Novacek, 1981; Tim Peterson, 1977; Harold Davis, 1968; Dode Haynes, 1966; Norm Pramberg, 1965; Ed Youngberg, 1961.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly